Sep 27, 2006

Roman Time

** I have a couple of topics in mind and I’m kind of frustrated because I don’t like to clash everything in one post since it would look messy. That is why, I just need to reserve those and hopefully remember it the moment I seek for my “opinion” writing needs. Wala lang. :)

If you would be living in the time when
Romans persecute Christians,would you die for your faith?


The first answer that came into my mind was yes. Yes because at least until the last moment of my life I am able to serve the Lord. I am able to defend my faith and protect my dignity towards my faith. Also, I am able to sacrifice my life just like what Jesus did.

BUT.
It came to me that my answer is no. Why? Because I am afraid to die, to be eaten by lions alive. I am afraid to experience the pain. And I know you can’t blame me for I am human, someone who is not a hundred percent martyr.

“Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die”


I agree with the saying above. Who isn’t afraid to die? Well if some would answer that s/he is not afraid to die well then fine! We are two different people and you can’t really take the fear away from me. I am still young and of course I do not completely understand what “to die for someone you love” means.

If I chose not to die for my faith that does not mean that I give up my faith easily. I will think of other ways to continue living my faith. Just because the Romans say that “Hey, all of you Christians come on out here and be eaten by these lions” it does not mean that I will OBEY the leader. If I did, it’s also giving up and it would give them the idea that “Oh look at those Christians, so weak that they followed us easily.”

If I lived at that time, and someone tells me “Go there, line up ‘till it’s your turn to die”. I will scream at his face NO WAY and let myself be killed as I negate rather than crying as I face the lame punishment.

Following orders is not completely being a martyr. Fighting back is.

If you follow, you will most likely think “I’ll give it all to you God.”

Give it all to Him? So why did He send you here?
To spread peace and love one another (even though they are not of the same religion) isn’t it? Then why would you intend to tell God that let Him be the one to handle your faith, if in the first place He’s the one who send you to DO the MISSION? It’s like telling Him face to face that “I’ll give it all to you since I am trapped and the only thing I can do is DIE. And as I die, I’ll keep my FAITH and give it to you without any damage”

Give it to Him without any damage.
But it would be better if you will give it to Him with damages. Damages because you chose to continue living, loose a Christians dignity and fight for what you think is right. And as you fight, you SPREAD your faith little by little and not letting it fade because every Christian had been persecuted.

God wants His word to spread.
He does not want it to fade just because there is no way to escape.
He won’t send Jesus to save us if he wanted all to die.

“We’ll die anyway.”

We’ll die anyway.
So you chose to just die and throw away the all chances you can have to let the future generation learn about God.

“At least we’re in heaven, with God”

In heaven with God
Leaving the world in the hands of the wrong people.

Oh yes.
Fine.

DIE.


No comments: