Jul 24, 2009

CHN

I've never experienced a week in college wherein right after I put my bags down, eat dinner and brush my teeth, I'll sleep. As early as 9:30pm I'm already asleep.

We had our first community exposure last Wednesday. The day's adventure started at the moment me and my classmates met up in Santolan Station. The raging heat of the sun took all the energy away as we were figuring out how and where we were going to get our transportation.


Arriving at the site, we were first asked to sign-in at the "STAFF HOUSE"
The staff house. It is a house wherein 90 students can fit, just like how 5 pieces of sardines fit in a can. You'll leave your shoes outside, and inhale all the carbon dioxide inside. Wow.


And so the fun and happiness goes on!
We rode a jeep from 4B to Purok Sumulong. We counted houses, walked, counted houses, bought some drinks, counted houses, saw the oasis donation, counted houses, complained... and so on.

Wednesday end then Thusrday followed.

Same scene
The only difference is that we recounted houses and conducted interviews.
My partner and I was able to interview 5.

Out of 10 adults, only 1 finished college and 1 wasn't able to study at all.
5 out of 10 works.
Out of 10 teenagers, 1 is already a mother.


You'll see different faces -- representatives of the general crowd.

And yeah, that's it. Community Health Nursing, part one :3

No comments: