Jul 4, 2009

Young Adults

Today, I encountered two familiar people differentiated by their stories. One is pregnant and is about to deliver a baby and the other who worked for 4 years and now, she'll be studying college.

The former is a kind of person that seems to go with the flow. As her high school classmate, I've known her for being imaginative and creative in her own unique way. She's good at writing and I commend her for that. In terms o values, she seems to know where she stands. There's just this turning point in her life wherein, it could have ruined her but -- what I saw awhile ago is a soon to be HAPPY mother.

Although she always smile in front of us, we do not have any clue on how she coped up and totally accepted that sudden responsibility. I'm not really in the right position to question her; though I'm really curious. Nevertheless, I believe that she'll be able to grow more and more independent. She's not the type of person who will sulk and let everything fall apart -- I believe that she will do her best.

The latter is a childhood friend and a neighbor.
She worked in Miriam College as a vendor when I was still in high school. Yeah I can see that smile in her face. She's tells me that it's hard, but she still smiles. Now I can't believe why people are so optimistic despite of the hardships they are taking. If that was me I will really really feel bad that I am in the state of FALLING and FAILING.

She will be taking up accounting and she'll be sending herself to school. Work in the day, study in the afternoon. I learned about this when she borrowed a book from me. She tells me that she really have no books, and she even didn't buy herself a uniform.

I hate hardships.
Why are there people who experience hardships. Sometimes, it frustrates me when people suddenly talks about heart breaking stories -- I don't know what to react because I CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

My father began to tell about his college life again. He knows the pain she's undergoing. But I do not. I can't fully understand -- but I feel sad about the thought, about the things my father have experienced and the possibilities she'll experience.


Proves to me that I still have a lot to learn.


The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.
Abraham Lincoln

The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion.
Albert Einstein



1 comment:

sasori17 said...

Sugoi . Ang hirap siguro ng buhay na pagdadaanan nila. Well, as for the former young adult, I think, she took the risk of being preggy and is ready to face the consequences of being one. Although I really don't know. Hehe .

People undergo hardships because it's God plan and will for them. These hardships serve as their building blocks to help mold their life into a better one. And just like any other people would say: There is light at the end of a tunnel.

Although in some cases, people experience hardships that seems to be there is NO light at their tunnel. People often cry in grief and despair, thinking that their tunnel has no end. They think that their stupid tunnel is so damn long that there is no damn way to pass them by.

Indeed, hardships, even though they come inevitably, really do come in all of us. There is not a single living creature in this world that has not experienced one. Even a stray dog on the streey is having a hard time finding his shelter. Even a rich people is having a hard time in finding someone to love them. Even us really undergo hardships th e sameway every people does.

So don'cha worry. They just undergo a hardship that seems to be heavier. And don't say you can't do anything. You can ALWAYS PRAY for them. :-) That would be a really great help. :-)



Sensya Lyza. Ang haba ng reply ko. Nadala lang ako masyado sa topic. Sorry waa. Hehe. I love writing and reading lengthy posts kasi. Ayun. :D